Candidates must be vaccinated against COVID-19 to qualify for this role. See below for more information.
Do you love Long Beach? Are you the go-to person when it comes to planning a night out, always ready with a recommendation for the city’s most seasoned finds and hidden hotspots? As the Long Beach Community Manager, you’ll be a full-time Yelp employee (working out of your home or anywhere with secure WiFi) at the helm of a vibrant, buzzing community of locals who drink, shop and play their way through the city via peer recommendations on Yelp.
Community Managers are driven, self-motivated, charismatic, and organized as they’re tasked with wrangling a slew of to-do’s both on- and offline, from writing and moderating to party planning and ring leading!
What it takes to succeed:
- You are driven!
- You are a social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too
- You reside in Long Beach and consider yourself a local expert (see below)
- You have more than a few years of post-graduate professional experience
- You love to write – you know who you are… pencils down!
- 4-year college/university degree
- Currently living and rocking out in Long Beach
- Experience with social media marketing, social networking, guerilla marketing tactics, and event planning
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this role. Exceptions are made only where legally required.
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills, general personality and style.
- Resume highlighting your relevant experience.
- A link to your Yelp profile.
What you’ll get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual’s location and experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.