Title: CDL Class A Driver
Reports to: Operations Manager
· Operates Class 8 truck vehicles to transport dry bulk products in LA/LB port area.
· Completes Pre/Post inspections each shift.
· Records in/out time for each delivery at both origin and destination.
· Maintains records for each shift including inspections, recaps, etc.
· Maintains all required certifications in line with DOT, OSHA and company policy.
· Maintain assigned trucks and related equipment in good operating condition.
· Good Communication skills in working with customers and shift supervisors.
· Able to work either day or night shift, usually 12-hour shifts.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
· 1+ years’ experience as semi-trailer truck operator
· CDL License / Class A required
· Doubles Endorsement
· Capable of completing pre/post trip inspections on truck/trailer.
· Ability to lift hood on truck to complete inspection.
· High School diploma or equivalent experience.
Relationships and Roles:
· No-Touch Cargo. At-Home Daily.
· Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
· Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and company’s Safety Program.
· Must promote professional appearance demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all customers, company employees and company managers in a professional manner always.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Authorized to work in US.
· Prefer to have or be able to obtain TWIC (security credentials for port entry).
· Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to distinguish printed color.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.