The Truck Driver drives company truck used for transporting goods from the distribution center, stores, ADCs, home pick-ups and business pick-ups.
Reports to the Transportation Manager.
Exemplary Duties / Responsibilities:
· The Truck Driver drives company truck to designated locations.
· He/she is responsible for safety of truck, material handler, and self.
· He/she is responsible to report unsafe conditions.
· He/she is responsible for completing daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
· He/she Pick-ups donations from residences, businesses, ADCs, and stores.
· He/she is responsible for delivering all donated goods to the dock.
· He/she is responsible for delivering merchandise to stores.
· The Truck Driver serves as material handler loading and unloading truck.
· He/she is responsible for supervision of material handler while loading / unloading truck and making deliveries.
· Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull a maximum of 50 lbs. He/she cooperates with Transportation Manager, Commercial Operations Division Director, Co-Workers, and the Public.
· He/she is responsible for quantity and quality of work performed.
· He/she must have ability to meet deadlines and respond to special needs.
· He/she is responsible for ensuring the condition of the truck is in safe, proper working condition.
· He/She must attend Department and Safety meetings as required.
· He/she is responsible for other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or its equivalent preferred.
· One to two years of experience driving a Bobtail/Straight Truck 24 ft. or more.
· Previous position that has demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to the operation of a Bobtail truck.
· Ability to read and write in English.
· Ability to understand complex instructions.
· Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to the operation of a Bobtail truck.
· General knowledge of area and ability to route and read a map preferred.
· Fluent oral and written communication skills. Bilingual plus.
· Cooperation with Division Directors.
· Ability to supervise material handler/driver helper when applicable.
· Ability to work with the public in a courteous and professional manner.
· Ability to remain consistent in performance and standards related to material handling.
· Able to work with minimum supervision.
Valid California Driver’s License, clean driving record, current DMV printout, and be insurable.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.