POSITION TITLE: Sponsorships and Events Manager
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
The Downtown Long Beach Alliance (DLBA) Sponsorships and Events Manager is responsible for
supporting the management, production and operation of all special events, as well as the
development of campaigns to solicit cash and in-kind sponsors to support DLBA events and
departmental funding opportunities.
This is an ideal opportunity for an organized, energetic and outgoing person to contribute to the arts
and culture of our Downtown community through the support and creation of special events.
Downtown Long Beach Alliance (DLBA) is an industry leading community-based non-profit
organization looking for a candidate with passion and commitment to delivering high quality
productions for stakeholders and visitors in DTLB. In return, DLBA offers a fast-paced work and
learning environment with outgoing co-workers, an open-floor office plan and game-infused patio in
the heart of Downtown Long Beach.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SPONSORSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Perform preliminary research to identify and prioritize new prospects and raise awareness of the
- Build relationships with major contributors to facilitate long-term/multi-year sponsorships
- Maintain knowledge and expertise of industry trends, developments and opportunities
- Manage information, profile and sponsor activity of donors on a database
- Manage budget and ensure that all external revenue sources (i.e.: sponsorship, tickets,
concessions, etc.) and projected targets are met
- Develop partnership and sponsorship opportunities to support events and programs
- Establish sponsorship deliverables and ensure they are met, and clients are kept informed of
progress and accomplished milestones
- Prepare and deliver proof of performance and post-event reports and updates to sponsors
- Liaise with DLBA team (graphic designer, marketing, digital media, outside vendors) to produce
sponsorship promotional material
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR EVENTS MANAGEMENT
- Manage the logistics and programming including planning, permitting, entertainment,
execution and debrief
- Develop detailed event budgets and manage expenses to ensure that financial performance
meets or exceeds projections
- Responsible for on-site coordination at each event including facilitating set-up, deliveries,
operation and tear-down
- Coordinate with the City of Long Beach – Office of Special Events and other city departments
necessary for obtaining all licenses and permits
- Determine equipment and supply rental needs; negotiate with suppliers for quantity, pricing,
delivery, and timing
- Oversee coordination of event staffing needs; arranging for hired personnel and/or volunteers, as necessary
- Prepare and distribute Special Event community surveys and notices (pre and post event)
- Work with DLBA personnel (Marketing, Digital Media and Community Outreach) to reach various Downtown stakeholders to help build consensus, encourage involvement/participation and create cross-promotional opportunities with businesses
- Create event budgets and track projected expenses
Education: Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Event Management or Hospitality
Experience: Three to five years event experience with logistics, programming,
implementation and development experience. Work with firm or organization
that is related to business improvement districts, hospitality trade, non-profit
organization or public-sector experience preferred.
Required skills: Excellent oral and written communications skills required. An upbeat, can-do
attitude, ability to work in a team atmosphere and willingness to perform a
variety of tasks are also required. A high degree of professionalism, creativity
and resourcefulness must be exercised at all times. Outgoing interpersonal
and negotiating skills with the ability to facilitate consensus-building when
interacting with different points of view. Ability to cooperate with all types of
dynamics: personal, political and geographical is paramount.
Special Skills: Qualified candidate must be self-motivated, well-organized and able to work
with a minimum level of supervision while positively interacting with others.
Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism; well-developed
presentation and interpersonal skills required. Strong working knowledge of
Microsoft Office and CRM software.
The Sponsorships and Events Manager will work from the DLBA administrative office. The position
requires some nights, weekends and off-premise work (within and outside Downtown Long Beach),
which may entail but not be limited to:
- Regularly walking the District and interfacing with businesses to become familiar with customer
and business traits and behaviors
- Attending various meetings and facilitating outreach programs within the Downtown
The Sponsorships and Events Manager is an exempt employee and salary range is $62,500 – $72,500 plus commission and includes full medical, dental and vision benefits. Employer contribution to 401(k), vacation, sick days and monthly parking pass are also included.
Send cover letter, resume, references and job expectation to [email protected] No phone calls please, and incomplete packets will not be considered. Deadline to apply is October 4, 2019.
The Downtown Long Beach Alliance is a non-profit, community-based organization whose mission
is to cultivate, preserve and promote a healthy, safe and prosperous Downtown. By balancing
the interests of the residents, as well as businesses, the DLBA creates tangible progress by way of
vested interest and solidified partnerships across local, municipal, and commercial lines. For
additional information, visit www.downtownlongbeach.org.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.