Be part of an exciting adventure.
In anticipation of The Breakers Hotel & Spa grand re-opening in 2021, we are taking the show on the road. The Breakers Roadshow is a top-notch food truck serving gourmet meals throughout Long Beach, Los Angeles and Orange county. Renowned Executive Chef David Coleman (formerly of Michael’s and Chianina), created a delicious menu, with an original and gourmet spin, to promote the upcoming opening of The Breakers Hotel & Spa in 2021.
We are looking for a dedicated and talented line cook with a clean driving record. Some prior experience is preferred, but students with a strong interest and a flair for cooking will be considered. All staff on the truck represent “the larger picture” of the Breakers Hotel & Spa and could also perform front of house duties – cashier, customer relations, etc.
Experience working on a food truck is not necessary. The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure, producing high quality and volume in a tight space, while maintaining excellent customer service.
This is a part-time, on-call position. Days and hours of work vary according to operational needs. Must be able to work evenings and weekend based on event schedules.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Safely uses all kitchen equipment
· Prepare food items according to the recipe or instructions provided by the Chef.
· Maintains a solid menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation
· Adheres to proper knife handling procedures.
· Represents “the larger picture” of the Breakers Hotel & Spa while performing front of house duties – cashier, customer relations, etc.
· Maintain inventories.
· Maintain cleanliness of facilities.
· Assists in closing of kitchen duties as assigned
· As needed, drives truck to and from events in a safe manner
Requirements of the Job:
· One (1) year kitchen experience
· Has working knowledge of health, safety, and sanitation procedures.
· Exhibits a solid knowledge and understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
· Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
· Works as a team, assisting with all needs and inquiries
· Ability to work on your feet for eight (8) hours or more per day
· Clean driving record
This position could potentially lead to an opportunity at the Breakers Hotel & Spa and full-time employment upon opening in 2021.
Breakers Roadshow is a drug-free work environment. Any offer of employment is conditional on passing a substance test. Employees are expected to report to work fit for duty and free of any adverse effects of illegal drugs or alcohol.
Qualified candidates should submit resume to:
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.